Even the safest drivers can experience a car accident. Thankfully, most modern vehicles are equipped with devices to keep drivers safe during a collision. Unfortunately, no one has invented a dent proof —- yet. Until they do, the expert staff at Barry’s Auto Body is at your service to repair your vehicle and make it look good as new. Our Auto Body Paint and repair service is second to none. Since 1986, Barry’s Auto Body has been providing Auto Body Paint and repair to customers in the New York City, Staten Island and Elizabeth, NJ areas. We work with most major insurance companies to ensure that our customers incur the least out of pocket expense.
Our Auto Body Paint Process
- Our Auto Body Paint process takes place in our eco friendly, Down Draft prep-station facility by Saima. The facility contains both intake & exhaust fans for maximum quality air handling
- Vehicle is entirely disassembled then meticulously cleansed with soap and water before applying wax and grease remover
- An inspector will re-check vehicle parts for cleanliness before technicians sand the vehicle using 400 grit 3M sand paper. Each component is then hand inspected for remaining imperfections
- Primer is mixed using a computerized measuring scale to ensure proper mixing ratio
- 1 to 2 coats of acid etching primer or epoxy primer is applied (as needed) to all bare and exposed metals, followed by the application of 2 to 3 coats of Glasurit 90 line high build primer.
- We use Ultra Violet Heat Light Drying System by Infra-Tech to cure the primer from the inside out to make sure it is ultra hard but flexible.
- To avoid cross contamination, the vehicle is moved to another building where it will be prepped and sanded
- All masking papers and tape is removed to the recycle bin.
- Primer is sanded down from 3M 400 grit to 600 grit and then to 800 grit
- Panels are scuffed to remove all shine so paint will adhere properly.
- The vehicle is thoroughly rewashed.
- All vehicle trim and moldings are removed then openings are masked and back taped.
- Vehicle is transferred to one of our state of the art, eco-friendly Down Draft Spray Booth Ovens by “Accudraft” where it checked for imperfections using our Led lighting system
- Vehicle is painted using an RTI Technology Perfect Air 50 Filtration System on our paint spray line and an Ingersoll Rand Rotary Compressor with built in Heater/Dryer.
- We use the Glasurit Water Based 90 Line paint with the most precise color matching computer and scale on the market today.
- The vehicle is re-inspected to ensure perfection in both surface prep and color match before painting commences.
Notes on Auto Body Paint Process
- Meticulous preparation is the foundation for a flawless Auto Body Paint job.
- Damage repair is done prior to priming. Priming step is strictly to ensure paint adhesion
- Impeccable cleansing of vehicle is necessary to ensure proper paint adhesion. Dirt, dust and grime is removed from every single crack and crevice of the vehicle. Underside of vehicle, wheel wells, windows and moldings are thoroughly power washed.
- Check out our blog in the “about us” section of the website for more detailed information about our Auto Body Paint process
We’re committed to providing you with professional, unparalleled service. In cases where we are restoring your vehicle’s appearance after an accident, we carefully color match your model and make. Call (718) 948-8585 to speak with a member of our team and schedule your service.
Staten Island NY , Elizabeth NJ, New York NY and local surrounding areas