Get in touch: (718) 948-8585
  • Español
  • ???????

Paintless Dent Repair (PDR)

Paintless Dent Repair Staten IslandPaintless Dent Repair can sure one of the most frustrating things about driving in a big city is parking your car then returning to find a minor dent or ding from a shopping cart, bicycle or a careless driver. Left un-repaired, these damages can quickly become unattractive eyesores, diminishing your vehicle’s value and reducing your driving enjoyment.

Fortunately, Barry’s Auto body offers Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) – a restoration process that eliminates many traditional dent repair steps such as body filling, sanding and paint refinishing. By eliminating these steps we save you both time and money.

Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) is an auto body restoration process covered by most major insurance companies. Contact us today to set up a free consultation to find out if your vehicle is eligible for Paintless Dent Repair. We service vehicles across New York City, Staten Island and Elizabeth, NJ restoring your car or truck to like-new condition.

What is Paintless Dent Repair?

Paintless dent repair is an auto repair service where technicians remove small dents by pushing them out through the underside of your vehicle’s body panel. The service has roots in the 1960 International Motor Sports Show, when a Mercedes staff member used a hammer handle to remove a dent from a showcar.

Today, we use specialized tools to apply pressure and restore your vehicle’s appearance.

 

Our Paintless Dent Repair Process - Click Here

  1. Visually inspect dents
  2. Place a heat lamp on the panel to warm the metal. This will help us avoid damaging your paint and make metal more flexible while we work.
  3. Look for best spot to access back side of panel. This is for us to insert our paintless dent removal rods, pings and other tools.
  4. 95% of all paintless dent removal repair will require no holes are drilled at all. For the other 5% this is where we look for the best non visible spot to drill a 3/16″ hole for access. This will be non visible and done by a trained professional.
  5. We now begin the process to caress the dent out slowly no to damage the paint.
  6. Now we use rubber hammer and dent tapper in order to simultaneously tap down any high spots in each dent, while we push the inside out with dent rods.
  7. After dent is out we will compound and wax the dent to remove or smooth out any scuffs or marks that are not thru the cars paint. On dent area only.
  8. If needed we will now use a self etching acid etch metal primer to protect any exposed metal against future corrosion or rust.
  9. We will now touch up or plug area to protect it from future rust, if needed.
  10. We now pull the car outside to you 30-60 minutes later making all this look easy.


Paintless Dent Repair Benefits - Click Here

Here are five reasons drivers choose Barry’s Auto Body for PDR services:

  • Save money by removing or limiting the need for other auto body services
  • Keep your original paint intact
  • Relax knowing we employ ASE-certified technicians who have the knowledge and training to provide professional results
  • Enjoy insurance coverage if applicable; most major auto insurance companies recognize the service
  • Get service for both aluminum panels and steel panels

For more information, call (718) 948-8585 to speak to a member of our staff.


Is My Car Eligible for Paintless Dent Repair? - Click Here

Vehicles with small dents can often be repaired with PDR. Our technicians will need to look at your vehicle to determine whether or not this is the best option. Factors to consider include:

  • Paint Flexibility
  • Extent of Metal Stretch
  • Curvature or Flatness of Area
  • Impact Intensity

Most modern vehicles use refined automotive paint that works in favor of paintless dent removal. Our technicians have the ability to use PDR on dents that are several inches wide so long as stretch damage is not present.

Contact Barry’s Auto Body Today

Paintless dent repair is often the preferred service for hail damage, small dings, and creases. Contact us today to schedule your service or ask our team questions. We work with many auto insurance companies and are committed to providing our customers with the best service and overall experience.

Areas Served:

Staten Island NY , Elizabeth NJ, New York NY and local surrounding areas

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Learn More